Thursday, December 22, 2016

DS West Side!!!


The West Valley Down Syndrome Christmas Party was wonderful!  I message with these ladies in this group more often  and while most I haven't met face to face, I've come to treasure their experience and willingness to offer encouragement and advice.  We missed last years Christmas party but I made sure we had it on schedule this year so I could finally meet some of these ladies and their amazing kids!

Craft, balloons, face and nail painting, magic card tricks and new friends!


Bubby LOVED the pizza!


Bubby was only so patient for the Christmas and Santa thing, but we were happy to get this shot


With our latest worries about autism with DS it was wonderful to chat with other moms and know that they saw some similar traits and had the same worries.  It was also wonderful to talk with a mom who's son is now a pre-teen and they are successfully navigating autism and Down Syndrome.  It helped me to see that so much is possible with the right tools, drive and devotion.  Nothing could be better than good family fun and friends who understand and inspire!




No comments:

Post a Comment