Monday, August 6, 2018

Ward Campout Day Trip

I use to love camping... the fresh air, the quiet of nature, the beauty around me ... and then I had kids.  Actually, it really wasn't the kids, but more about Eli and his autism.  Camping is 'too' new and different and creates all sorts of anxiety for him.  For that reason I've left camping to Kent and the other kiddos but with having just returned from Mexico, he didn't have the time off work to take them to our annual ward campout.  We settled on a compromise of sorts.  I took the kiddos alone for a day trip, enough so they could play with friends and roast smores and then we went home to sleep in our bed.  The older two understand the sacrafices that Bubby goes through for these sorts of trips and happily consented .

'Hiking' with friends!  Pumpkin might be little but she was right there with them!

Bubby did find some comfort with the familiar books and items I brought along but every moment he could, he was sure to remind me that he wanted to 'goh' home!
Hide and seek with friends.

Lots of games played between exploration.

Pumpkin adopted another older sister while there!

Kiddos got sugared up good with all the treats everyone bought to share.
Helping some friends put up a tent.

Roasting of marshmallows and starbursts.



We were lucky since there was no rain, only the glorious cool of Flagstaff.  We ended up driving up there with some friends which made the 2hrs much more enjoyable for me.  Good fun for all and perhaps what we'll do again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment