Saturday, July 25, 2015

Pumpkin 9 Months

Pumpkin is nine months! She's been out as long as she was in and fills life with all kinds of crazy fun. She is desperate to walk and just over two weeks ago she pulled herself to standing which socked me since she hadn't even begun crawling. After all our therapies, I was determined to get her to crawl first and so we repeatedly placed her on her tummy. Being the bright child that she is, she sit herself up and proceed to whine until the kids responded by getting her the toy she wanted. I had to put a stop to that and created a no toy zone with her in the center. Whining was ignored and slowly she began to test out her knees, lunging as much as possible to avoid the hard work of traveling. Eventually she figured out that crawling wasn't so bad, and kept her pretty little nose from too much bruising. She's picked up her speed just within the last day or two and I have no doubt we will have regretted making her mobile all too soon!
She has the best smiles. Our favorite is when she purses her lips and smiles with her eyes, it's as if all that remains in a tiny heart for a mouth and her big shiny eyes like an Anime character.
She yammers at kent and I all the time, her tone and expressions communicating so much more than words could do. This shot was taken at Costco where the other children around us complained of her noise level. Apparently Isaac wasn't sharing his ice cream fast enough for her liking. All this yammering has been a huge motivator for Eli as he feels the need to mimic her and generate as much noise as possible When in the presence of just her siblings she prefers to observe quietly while smiling at their antics.

Two teeth erupted just a week ago and she has tested those little choppers already on anything within her grasp. While I will miss the gummy smile, I'm excited that meal times will get a little simpler as we dispense with the purees.
With summer at it's end, this little girl will have me all to herself for all the snuggles she can take. I'm so grateful for this 'bonus baby'! Time passes all too quickly and before I know it my baby will be a little girl. I love you pumpkin!

No comments:

Post a Comment