Saturday, March 21, 2015

Chinese New Year 2015

I've been a little preoccupied with getting Eli ready for preschool, as evidenced by the last post. Between the evaluations in meetings as well as applying for Arizona long-term-care it sucked up a lot of my energy. But despite that we did not miss celebrating Chinese new year. As usual I taught in Keila's class,and sadly realize that it would be the last time I'm doing it at Stepping Stones preschool. I was gratified to hear that many of the kids went home and told their parents all about what they learned and their parents thanked me for my time with them.

The Chinese new year celebrations are no longer held at the cultural center but rather at the Margaret T Hance park,it just doesn't feel the same! Unfortunately the cultural center just does not have the space to house such a large event. We went last year and weren't too impressed so we decided not to go. Instead we went to the lantern Festival out in Peoria. It definitely cost more but it was fun to go on a night outing with the kids and to see such beautiful lanterns.

our serious little kung fu master!
keila's favorite lantern.
Little Emperor would have nothing to do with the pictures.
The horses were my favorite
Happy year of the sheep everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment