Tuesday, March 25, 2008

"Can-Asian" Cook Indian?

For those who don't know, I'm originally from Canada and my students shortened it to Can-aisan. Recently Kent and I went out for Indian food to celebrate the match. It was wonderful and it brought back memories of my mission in Vancouver, British Columbia where one side of the Fraiser River is China, the other India. So I decided to try it out myself and found the recipe for Bhoona Gosht and another for Dal. Here are the results! Not too bad, not as good as the resturant, but definitely an eye opener for the use of spices in a different way. After rooming with Korean, Japanese, Vietnames and having Thai friends, I can now say I have all of Asian covered!






The bhoona gosht is on the left and consists of beef (though we ordered it as lamb) cooked in special spices and the Dal is on the right, it's basically a lentil dish with veggies.

1 comment:

  1. Hye, we love Indian food too. Our Indian freinds cooked for us couple of times when they are here. It was wonderful and I asked them how to cook, they said "google it" hahaha. But they gave us a special brend of spcies from where they are from. I tell you, it makes like Indian in a minute.

    ReplyDelete