Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Heart and Soul that Moves

So this last Friday morning had me calling to confirm our U-Haul pick up for our move on Saturday. Apparently the preggie brain did another number and I had scheduled it for Friday and had to return it by 9:30am Saturday. The Elders Quorum was scheduled to help starting 8am Saturday. Needless to say I was in a panic and gave way to sobbing in a fit of being overwhelmed. (Another all too common preggie symptom for me) Thank heavens for the rational side still left untouched by hormones in my brain, somehow it took over and I called friends to help and asked if the Elders Quorum could come after they helped to move the Taylors. I packed like a mad woman all morning and a few girlfriends helped to haul electronic equipment to the house and took a confused little boy off my hands so the bulk of packing was done in time for the men to move the furniture and boxes. I don't think I have ever moved so quickly in my life before! While Kent and i had to return to pack up 5-6 boxes, the majority made it to our house. They even managed to get the piano back from the Johnsons.



The image of a few men in a pickup truck playing heart and soul as they travelled down the street back to my house was one of laughter and relief. Relief for the myriad of adopted family and friends who always seem to know how to help and laughter at how hysterical I had been earlier that day. Things are never as bad as they seem, even with preggie hormones running amok!

No comments:

Post a Comment