Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Officially Six!

It really can't be six years since Isaac came into out lives! Time has flown and this not-so-little boy continues to amaze me!

He officially starts kindergarten this next fall but he already reads and loves doing math. He build anything out of junk (they're treasures to him!) and ought to submit his own Lego creations to market. He has learned how to do microwave meals and is a willing helper around the house.

These thing, as great as they are, are only the things he does, not what he is that make me admire him. His love of learning is infectious. Often times he enthusastically starts a new conversation with, "Mama, did you know ...." And almost always ends it with, "that's SO aswesome!" This of course begins another line of, " Mama imagine if ..." As he talks your ear off about with his new found knowledge. The best part about all to is not that he is just learning facts, the things of lasting interest always involve people. He keeps his heart tender and always seeks to know why people do what they do. If a driver cuts me off and I comment on how stupid their actions are, he will ask me why they did that. It always gets me thinking that things aren't just what they seem on the outside. He remembers the things we talk about with regards to choices and attitude. Simply put, he is pure, open and generous of heart.

Legos are always a welcomed gift. We had fun with making a scavenger hunt of sorts before he could get to his presents. This set got opened right away and we had fun together building it. I know those sets say the best age but Isaac has no problems doing them on his own. He's a little engineer at heart!

His obsession with Angry Birds has yet to abate. Thankfully Marni Cochran in our ward had some free time to help me with making them. Behold the wonders of a skilled hand at fondant!

I'm so grateful to have him in my life. He is a wonderful son, a loving brother and I can't wait to see what he'll be like as he grows into a man - just not too soon! Happy birthday Isaac boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment