Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Eli's Allies 2013

It's just 10 days away from the annual Buddy walk. Last years experience was overwhelming in so many ways. We were accompanied by wonderful friends, introduced to a massive support community and experienced so much of what makes having a child with DS a blessing. For those who missed last years post (see Eli's Allies) Sharing Down Syndrome of AZ was and still is my lifeline. There is a network of people who know the best doctors, or can give alternatives to dealing with certain medical situations as well as organize a wealth of activities for families to connect. I am so grateful for the organization and all that it does.

For this year we raised our fundraising goal to $300. I thought I'd attempt some fundraising activities so I hosted a few Chinese cooking classes as well as sold some spring rolls. It was fun in its own way because it was definatly out of my comfort zone but it gave me the opportunity to get to know some other people I wouldn't have gotten to know otherwise.

For those interested in donating our web page is http://www.sharingds.org/BWTeam/Details/503 . No amount is too small and it is greatly appreciated.
It's been nearly a year and a half since this little man came into our lives. We are ever grateful for all that he teaches and gives to us! We are Eli's allies! 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment