Thursday, February 13, 2014

The Year of the Horse

It's Chinese New Year once again! Isaac once told me he loves being Chinese because it get all the holidays everyone else gets and more! So while most people are recuperating from Christmas and New Years, we begin prep for another tradition in our home.

This will probably be the last year I get to share this in isaac's class. I can't believe how much he's grown up. He loved getting dressed up for his class and was so proud to help me hand out the red envelops. We even gave his teacher some frozen spring rolls.

Teaching in Mrs Berneburgs class was a much coveted opportunity for Keila. She misses so much the I don't volunteer with her class so it was extremely special for me to be with her. We were able to break out in smaller groups and do everything from making lanterns to watching a lion dance and eating Chinese New Year goodies and writing Chinese characters. It's amazing to me is pictorial kids are, many of them wrote the characters clearer that the alphabet.
I sold spring rolls once again for Sharing Down Syndrome Az again and was able to raise over $100. I'm told by many at the preschool that there were other families interspersed n buying next time around and I'm oping to get an email list going. It should make fundraising much easier.


We had friends in town for the holiday. The Yangs got the chance to stay for a few days where we royally feasted, played and picnicked.

Bubby fell asleep on the way out to the park.







Not much more you could ask for in the new year- friends, food, and fun! Best wishes of the year of the horse!








I love these cutie pies!

No comments:

Post a Comment