Monday, August 18, 2008

Chic!

There's so much to do here in Houston that I've planned things out such that every weekend Kent doesn't have to work, we go for an outing. It was raining rather hard on Saturday so we opted to go to the Galleria. I didn't know much about it other than it was a unique mall and the 'Water Wall' (a massive fountain/waterfall) was nearby. We needed an umbrella for Kent and it was only 12-15 mins drive from us.

Lo and behold, the Galleria is not just any mall. It houses some of the largest names in fashion: Neiman Marcus, Armani, Versace, Saks, Gucci, Vuitton, Yves Saint Laurent etc. They also have some that I haven't seen since I was in Canada - United Colors of Benetton and many other that I can't pronounce: Bvlgari, Bui Yah Kah, Lalique, Missoni, Velleriano, etc. Perhaps I'm really not posh enough to know such names! ;0) Above the mall is the hotel and in the basement is a skating rink. A rather odd combo to me, but it is one of the busiest places in town.

As for the umbrella, Kent and I were keen on one from Gucci, but felt it would be just so 'common' being bought from a mall! ;0) J/K

No comments:

Post a Comment