Saturday, December 6, 2008

Seeing with New Eyes

I'm thrilled with our new apartment, it's the largest and most well designed one we've ever had and it shows!!! For once Isaac has a proper bedroom - not the storageroom/junkroom/sleeping quarters hitherto had by a poor toddler poor. I'm sure it makes no huge difference to him, boxes are fun anyhow, new surprises that mom doesn't want me into.... but it's nice for me. I'm 'training' him to play in his own room, find way to contain the toys strewed all over the apartment and give him a special place just for him. In another 6 months we'll be back into our little house where I can really look into making his room fun and permanent.

He's growing up so fast. Last Sunday he went to Nursery and for a split second (only a split second) I missed chasing him down the halls. Church will be church again for me though and he will have activities that will no longer test his patience and mine! We also have him sleeping in a 'big boy' bed. He loves it. He picked out the Thomas the Engine bed sheets and has been ever so good about laying down to sleep when it's time rather than playing with toys.

Isaac 'gets' Christmas this year. I love seeing his eyes grow big at the sight of a tree. He likes the ornaments, but it's the lights that capture him the most. Tonight we head off to the Mesa Temple to see their annual Christmas display which I'm sure will leave him speechless. He even chose to sit on Santa's lap himself at the Ward Christmas party last night. The 'tong tong' (Candy Cane) was the huge incentive. He had his eyes glued to it so the funny man in red and white didn't bother him one tiny bit. We plan on writing lettters to Santa soon as well as making Christmas paper crafts for our house. I've also worked hard to help him understand that it's the season we celebrate the birth of a very special baby. It's worked so well that he points now to ornaments with the Christ child and repeatedly says, 'Baby!' until it's a chant! I love the magic of the season and to see it anew through my son's eyes makes it so much more special. If he can feel so much joy in tiny lights on a tree, how much joy is to be found in the Light of the World. Merry Christmas everyone!




Had to get a shot of this amazing quilt in the vistor's center.

No comments:

Post a Comment