Wednesday, September 10, 2008

An Enriching Experience

I've been so busy I haven't had time to write, but I have a calling!!! I am the Home, Family and Personal Enrichment Leader ... something I've never done before. I recieved the calling 1.5 weeks ago, and we held it tonight!!! Thank heavens the sister who had it before me, Heather Ridge, took care of things until I was called. Needless to say, being the usual spastic me, I gained a great deal more respect for the sisters who have run it in the past ... it is ALOT of work!!! Tiny things you never think of that need to be in place for it to run smoothly. Thankfully our 'Lula' went well tonight. There was plenty of food and the sisters had a great time laughing and getting to know one another.

We're in an interesting ward that takes up much of the medical center. In other words, half the ward moves out every year and the other half is known as the 'oldtimers'. Despite how difficult this can be, the Maplewood 2nd ward does great! Kent had a calling within a week of being here - Elders Quorum teacher- I have a visiting teaching route within a month and we have hometeachers as of last week! Most of all, the people here understand what it's like to move from one place to the next, so everyone is extremely friendly and welcoming. I couldn't have asked for more. And because everyone is so helpful .... and despite being a worry wart most of the time ... I have a certain confidence that my calling will go well. Not because of me, mind you, but because I feel a sense of 'sisterhood' already with the other women in the ward and I know (from the experience tonight) that we will all help each other where we can, when we can. I love the Relief Society!

No comments:

Post a Comment